Hey everyone! Now here’s something for the benefit of all ……… maximizing the limited battery life of our comm devices. Advances need to be made in batteries and smart phone makers are using battery strength as a selling feature now! Luckily there are a number of things each of us can do to improve the performance of batteries, and they ought to be common knowledge.
1) Never Do Partial Charges!! – I see people plugging in their phones every chance they get… big mistake. The Lithium Ion (Lion) Battery hates partial charges. Doing so limits peak capacity and decreases overall service life. This is true for all Lion Batteries. Run the device to power down, then charge to 100%, run it back to power down. Make this a habit and watch the battery improve as it ‘breathes’ more deeply and increases its capacity threshold on the extremes.
2) Never leave it constantly plugged in. 3) Keep screen brightness as close to the dimmest setting as you can, turn off the auto adjust. Trust me, you’ll get used to it, especially when you note the battery improvement.
4) Try charging an hour or so above the 100% indicator. Over time the battery may take more. This is what I meant earlier in point 1 - increasing its threshold at the extremes. Mine now goes up to about ’103%’ and powers down at about ‘-2%’, obviously big gains. There’s a limit so don’t over-do it.
5) Download on WiFi! 6) Turn off apps when not in use. Apps running in the background are power vampires.
7) Turn off GPS Location Services. Do you really want everyone to know where and when you are!? The GPS tracker is invasive as well as a power vampire.
Martin Werner Zander マーティン・ワーナー・ザンダー
Smith’s School Kotoen 月謝制 Monthly Tuition English Conversation School