Recently I discussed ways we could reduce, reuse and recycle with Smith’s School of English Tsukaguchi students. Here’s a summary of what we came up with:
1. How can I reduce electricity?
– Turn off the lights when not using them.
– Get roof windows to get more natural light.
– Use LED lights.
– Go to bed earlier.
– Use a fan instead of an air-conditioner.
– Keep less food in the fridge.
– Not leave a computer in “sleep” mode over 1 hour. If not using it for over an hour, shut it down.
– Set the air-conditioner to 27 or 28 degrees Celsius. Read More